Ingredients – Raisins, walnuts, dates, all spice & beetroot
This is just the same recipe more or less than my raw carrot cake recipe (number 2 recipe on the blog) but this time using beetroot. Beetroot is a great vegetable and goes well with raisin and spices. It also has a great color which makes good pictures. I know it may not seem that appetizing but it is really nice. Have a wee try!
Here is how to make those Beetroot cups (using a standard coffee mug):
1 cup of walnuts
1 cup of dates
1 big cooked beetroot
1 tsp of all spice
1/2 cup of raisins
- Grate the beetroot.
- Blend the walnuts with the all spice then add the dates.
- Remove from the blender and put the mixture in a bowl.
- Add the beetroot and raisins. Mix with your hands.
- Put paper cups in a cup tray then pour the mixture in the paper cups.
- Put the tray in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Once out of the freezer you can keep the cups for a week in your fridge.
- Et voilà.