Ingredients – Oat, salt, cashew and almond nuts, dates, date syrup, banana, coconut, vanilla
Welcome back to 100daysofvegancakes and Happy New Year to all! To celebrate the new year, I have made a dessert that has a lot of my favourite ingredients, coconut, nuts and banana! I am trying to be good to myself this month and lose my Christmas belly. So healthy desserts and bikram yoga are on top of my to do list. To make this dessert I bought a good quality coconult milk tin (organic) and left it overnight in my fridge. When I opened it the day after I drained the coconut water and put the harden coconut mass in a bowl ready to whisk! I kept the coconut water for another great recipe that will be here soon…
Here is how to make those little banoffee pies (using a standard coffee mug):
Makes 4 little banoffee pies
For the crust
1/2 cup of oat
1/2 cup of almond nuts
1 1/2 cup of dates
1 pinch of salt
For the filling
2 tbsp of date syrup (or maple syrup, agave nectar)
1 cup of cashew nuts (soaked in water for at least one hour)
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 cup of coconut water
1 good pinch of salt
For the coconut cream
1 tin of coconut milk
– For the crust blend the oat and almonds together. Add the salt and then the dates one by one.
– Spread the crust mixture at the bottom of the tartelette dishes and put in the fridge to cool.
– For the filling, put the soaked cashew nuts in the blender and blend for about 2 minutes until creamy. Add the date syrup, vanilla and salt. Blend well then add the coconut water.
– Spread the filling over the crust and put in the fridge.
– Whisk the coconut scooped from the tin until creamy (I used an electric whisk). Once creamy, add banana slices to the cream and mix well.
– Spread the coconut cream over the filling and put some cocoa powder on top.
– Leave in the fridge for a least an hour before eating.
– Et voilà!