Ingredients – Oat, coconut flakes, dates, cashew nuts, avocado, coconut oil, agave nectar, lime
After Halloween and with thanksgiving coming up, let’s stay in our American Pie theme with this Key Lime Pie. Lemon and lime are my favourite ingredients and to me the best dessert on hearth is a lemon tart but this key lime pie isn’t bad either. The avocado makes it creamy and if you want more of a kick add more lime zest and juice. I hope my friend Kaia enjoyed her key lime pies. As you can imagine, I can’t eat all my creations therefore she got two tartelettes for her and her man!
Here is how to make those key lime pie tartelettes (using a standard coffee mug):
Makes 4 tartelettes
For the crust
1/3 cup oat
2/3 coconut flakes
1 cup of dates
For the creamy lime layer
1 ripe avocado
1 cup of cashew nuts (soaked for at least one hour)
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
1/4 agave nectar
- To make the crust simply blend the oat and coconut flakes together and add the dates one by one while the blender is on. I soaked the dates (without the stone) for about 15 minutes before so they had a creamier texture.
- Once you obtain a sticky mixture, just press it down your tartelette dishes and put them in the fridge while making your lime layer.
- To make the lime layer you only need to blend the cashew nuts (pre-soaked in water for at least one hour to make them soft. The longer they are soaked the best) for a few minutes, then add the avocado. Once the mixture is creamy, add the lime juice, melted coconut oil and the agave nectar. Blend well until you have a creamy mixture. You can also add the zest of 2 limes to the mixture.
- Take the tartelette dishes out of the fridge and pour the lime mixture on top.
- Put them in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Take them out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving. You can add lime zest on top if you want.
- Et voilà!