Ingredients – Oat, desiccated coconut flakes, cocoa powder, agave nectar, salt, coconut oil, dates & cashew nuts
A few weeks ago I was invited to my friend Dave’s radio show to talk about my blog and about vegan and raw desserts. I wanted to bring something to the show for Dave to try and thought about making some very indulgent raw treats. What’s more indulgent than millionaire shortbread? This raw version is so creamy and delicious, I had to stop myself from eating the all lot before the show!
Here is how to make those millionaire shortbreads (using a standard coffee mug):
For the biscuit layer
2 cups of soaked dates
1 1/2 cup of oat
1/2 cup of desiccated coconut flakes
For the middle layer
2 cups of soaked cashew nuts
1 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of agave nectar
For the chocolate layer
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
3 tsp of cocoa powder
- To make the bottom layer (biscuit layer) simply soak dates in water for around 15 minutes, drain them.
- Put the oat and coconut flakes in the blender then blend until well mixed. Add the dates one by one and blend until the mixture becomes sticky.
- Spread the mixture at the bottom of a tray (put baking paper first) and put in the freezer.
- To make the middle layer simply soak cashew nuts in water for at least 2 hours (the longer the best). Drain them and put them in a blender with the salt. Blend for a few minutes until the mixture becomes like butter. Add the agave nectar slowly while blending.
- Remove the tray from the freezer then spread the middle layer on top of the first layer. Put the tray back in the freezer.
- To make the top layer, simply melt the coconut oil. Let it cool completely then add the cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and spread the chocolate on top of the first 2 mixtures.
- Put the tray back in the freezer for an hour.
- Remove the tray and cut the mixture in squares. Keep them in a sealed box in the fridge.
- Et voilà.