Ingredients – Almonds, cashew nuts, dates, coconut oil, agave nectar, vanilla and chocolate powder
My friend Christie joined me the other day for a baking night. We made this delicious cheesecake and I think it could be the perfect raw treat for Easter. I cut the cake in small little heart shape bites but it could be served like a normal size cheesecake (serves 4). Also, by increasing the ingredient measures you could get a thicker cake. It is really up to you! Happy Easter weekend!
Here is how to make this Easter cheesecake (using a standard coffee mug):
For the base
1 cup of dates
1 1/2 cup of almonds
For the lemon filling
1 cup of soaked cashew nuts
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cocoa powder
– For the base blend the dates and almonds together. Once you have a sticky base, just press it down your baking tray (put baking paper at the bottom of the tray first). I used a square tray which was about 6″ wide (15cm). You don’t want the base to be too thin.
– Put the base in the fridge while making the filling.
– For the vanilla filling, blend half of the soaked cashew nuts (soak them for at least one hour) with the vanilla and about a third of the melted coconut oil and a third of your agave nectar. Pour the filling on top of the base and put the tray in the freezer for about 1 hour.
– For the chocolate filling, blend the rest of the cashew nuts, coconut oil, agave nectar and add the cocoa powder. If you want a thicker cheesecake, make another chocolate layer.
– Take the tray out of the freezer and add the chocolate layer on top of the vanilla layer. Put the tray in the freezer again for at least 1 hour.
– Take the cheesecake out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
– Et voilà!