Ingredients – Almonds, cashew nuts, dates, banana, strawberry, vanilla
Back to the tartelette or mini tarts! With summer approaching and all the nice and colourful fruits on offer, I had to make this tartelette. So easy and so refreshing. I made a vanilla and banana filling because those are 2 flavours that go very well with strawberries but you could make a filling with soaked cashew nuts for instance. It is really up to you and your taste buds!
Here is how to make those lovely StRAWberry tartelettes (using a standard coffee mug):
Makes 4 tartelettes
1/2 cup of dates
2/3 cup of nuts
1 frozen banana
2 tsp of vanilla
– For the base simply blend the nuts and dates together. Press the mixture at the bottom of the tartelette dishes and put in the freezer.
– For the vanilla layer, just blend the frozen banana (peel and cut your banana before freezing it) and add the vanilla. Blend for a few minutes, the mixture will become creamy like an ice cream.
– Take the tartelette dishes out of the freezer and pour the vanilla layer on top of the nut/date mixture.
– Put the tartelette dishes back in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
– Take them out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving and add the fresh strawberries on top.
– Et voilà!