Ingredients – Dates, pecan nuts, coconut flakes, organic cocoa, home made peanut butter and coconut oil
Those are great energy bites. I keep a box of those bonbons in my fridge and have one every time I feel a bit peckish. It is a good and healthy way to treat yourself and satisfy chocolate cravings. I added my home made peanut butter which add a delicious nutty flavour. I will tell you how to make your own peanut butter soon!
Here is how to make those Choco BonBons (using a standard coffee mug):
Makes about 20 bonbons
2 cups of dates
1 cup of pecan nuts
1 tbsp of organic cocoa butter
1 tbsp of home made peanut butter
1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
2 tbsp of coconut flakes
– First put the pecan nuts, coconut flakes and cocoa powder in a blender. Blend well than add the dates, one at a time while keeping the blender on.
– Add the peanut butter then the oil.
– Form little balls with the sticky mixture.
– Put the balls in the freezer for at least one hour.
– Once out of the freezer, keep them in the fridge. You can keep them for days or even weeks…if you can resist!
— Et voilà