Ingredients – Desiccated coconut, ground almond, agave nectar, coconut oil & organic cocoa powder
Today I’ve had a coconut day. It started while doing my weekly shopping, there was this little packet of raw coconut pieces reduced. I bought it as I was hungry and thought it would be a healthy snack. When I came home I starting thinking about bounty bars and realised that I had not bought one in years! When I was a child I remember bounty bars were my mum’s favourite. I remember trying one with her when I was young and finding it disgusting. I then went on for years thinking that I didn’t like coconut because of this. Then one day when I was older I tried to taste a bounty bar again and loved it. Since then I have been in love with coconut! So today I have been inspired by those little coconut pieces and made my very own raw bounty bars.
Here is how to make those bounty bars (using a standard coffee mug):
Makes 10 little bars
1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
1/2 cup of ground almond
6 tbsp of agave nectar
1/3 cup of coconut oil (melted)
5 tbsp of organic coco powder
– To make the coconut filling, put in a blender the desiccated coconut, ground almond, 3 tbsp of agave nectar and 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
– Blend until the mixture becomes moist and you can form little balls or bars (whatever shape you want really).
– Put the bars on a baking tray and in the freezer for one hour.
– To make the chocolate sauce, mix the cocoa powder with the rest of coconut oil and add 3 tbsp of agave nectar. Mix with a fork.
– Take the coconut filling out of the freezer and cover them with the chocolate sauce.
– Once the bars are covered of chocolate, put them in a box and store them in the fridge.
– Et voilà!