Ingredients – Almond milk, ground flaxseed, vanilla, flour, raw sugar & salt
In my last post I was celebrating Scotland with a very Scottish treat. This week I am celebrating my other country, France, with a very French treat. I was born in “la chandeleur” day which is the equivalent of pancake day in France. This is why for most of my birthdays my mum used to make a crepe cake which is basically huge amount of crepes stacked together….and with candles on top. I love crepes, from sweet to savoury ones. The vegan version is surprisingly very good but the dough is a bit more sticky than a normal dough so make sure your crepe pan is very hot and well oiled before pouring the dough.
Here is how to make those vegan crepes:
300ml of almond milk
1 flaxseed egg
1 tbsp of vanilla essence
100g of flour
1 tbsp of sugar
1 pinch of salt
– To make the flaxseed egg put one tbsp of ground flaxseed in a mug. Add 3 tbsp of lukewarm water then leave for 2 minutes. After a couple of minutes mix well until you obtain a sticky mixture the consistency of an egg.
– Put the almond milk in a bowl
– Add the sifted flour, sugar and salt. Mix well then add the flaxseed egg.
– Finally add some vanilla essence.
– Leave the dough to set for at least an hour in your fridge.
– Using a crepe pan, make delicious crepes.
– Et voilà.