Ingredients – Walnuts, dates, raisins, almond milk, pumpkin, agave nectar, cinnamon & all spice
To celebrate Halloween and the autumn weather, I made this pumpkin pie with the flesh of the pumpkin I carved. When I was a child we were not celebrating Halloween (I was brought up in France) and to be perfectly honest, I don’t really like Halloween and its celebrations. I don’t really fancy dressing up in scary and bloody outfits. I just try to get the best out of this celebration and time of the year….pumpkin pie and sweeties!
Here is how to make these pumpkin tartelettes (using a standard coffee mug):
Makes 4 tartelettes
For the crust
1 cup of walnuts
1/3 cup of raisins
2/3 cup of dates
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
For the pumpkin layer
2 cups of pumpkin flesh (boiled)
2 tbsp of almond milk
4 tbsp of agave nectar
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of all spice
– To make the crust simply blend the walnuts and cinnamon together. Add the raisins and dates little by little. Once you obtain a sticky mixture, just press it down your tartelette dishes and put them in the fridge while making the pumpkin layer.
– To make the pumpkin layer you only need to blend the pumpkin (pre-boiled), then add the almond milk and the agave nectar. Blend well until you have a creamy mixture. Add the cinnamon and all spice (you can put more if you want your tartelettes full of spices)
– Take the tartelette dishes out of the fridge and pour the pumpkin mixture on top.
– Put them in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
– Take them out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving. You can add nuts or cinnamon on top if you want.
– Et voilà!