Ingredients – Plain flour, raw sugar, flaxseed, bicarbonate of soda, dairy free butter, golden syrup, ginger & all spice
When you make biscuits you need to focus otherwise you end up burning them! I am not always good at focusing and that’s why my little vegan gingerbread man is a bit burnt. It is still lovely and spicy! I like gingerbread men, we don’t have them in France and this is a little festive treat that I find really nice. Besides, it is a very easy treat to make. Ideal little present for friends and family. Have a great winter break everyone! See you next year. x
Here is how to make those little gingerbread men (using a scale this time):
Makes around 15 little men
350g organic plain flour
175g raw sugar
100g dairy free butter
1 flaxseed egg
6 tbsp of golden syrup
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp of ginger
1/2 tsp of all spice
– Put the flour, ginger, all spice and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl. Mix them with your hands.
– Add the butter and mix well with your fingertips until crumbly.
– Add the sugar and the flaxseed egg (to make a flaxseed egg add 3 tsp of luke warm water to 1 tsp of ground flaxseed. Leave it to set for 1 or 2 minutes then stir well), mix well with your hands.
– Add the golden syrup to the mixture and a bit of water if the mixture is not wet enough.
– Mix until you obtain a ball of pastry.
– Roll out the pastry using a roller to about 5mm thick.
– Using a cutter, cut gingerbread man shapes and put them on a tray.
– Put the tray in the over for about 10-15 minutes at around 180c.
– Et voilà!