Happy and Healthy New Year!! I ended 2015 with the launch of my small lovely business, Laurianne’s Raw Cakes. Since I started trading about 2 months ago, I have met lovely people and had a lot of fun. It is not easy and I have been investing a lot of myself in this new venture but the last 2 months have been really exciting and rewarding. I love what I do and what I am trying to achieve. I am sure 2016 is going to be an adventure and I hope Laurianne’s Raw Cakes is going to grow and spread more raw vegan healthy love around!
Why my cakes and bites are good for you?
My cakes and bites are made using exclusively plant-based ingredients. They are a great source of essential nutrients and will nourish your body in a way a “normal” cake will never be able to.
In the next few weeks I will tell you more about the ingredients I use and why they are good for you. Today I will start with NUTS!
Nuts are an amazing source of:
- Fatty acids full of omega 3 – essential for brain and nerve function.
- Protein – essential for growth and repair of body tissues.
- Vitamin B & E – great for energy boost and skin health (antioxidant)
- Calcium (mainly almonds) – gives you strong teeth, bones and muscles.
- Zinc (mainly almonds) – gives you a strong immune system.
- Magnesium (mainly cashew nuts) – important for bone strength, nerve and muscle function.
- Fibre – keeps bowel healthy and lowers cholesterol.
It would be hard to find a cake that gives you more goodness than that and it is only one of the ingredients I use….
Next time I will tell you more about Dates and their amazing nutritional values.
To celebrate veganuary I offer free delivery around Glasgow for all orders over £30 (offer valid until Sunday 31 January 2016). Treat yourself to a healthy dessert! www.lauriannesrawcakes.co.uk